Looking for the best of the best when it comes to your next cruise? Look no further! Marella Cruises have pulled it out the bag again and have picked up the award for ‘Best for Entertainment’ at this years Wave Awards. Not to mention being highly commended in the Best Value for Money category!
A programme to be proud of
Anna Clarke, General Manager of Customer Experience – Cruise said: “We were delighted to pick up Best Entertainment at this year’s Wave Awards, our onboard teams are hands-down the hardest working at sea with 11 full production shows performed each week on top of cabarets, deck parties and a light entertainment programme that spans everything from quizzes to zumba classes.
We’ve been working with our entertainment supplier, PEEL, since the early days of Thomson Cruises – so it’s great to see our partnership going from strength to strength.”
And if that wasn’t enough Marella Cruises recently announced a further 13 new exciting shows onboard Marella Explorer!
13 new show-stoppers for Marella Explorer
If you’re just as excited as we are, then you’ll know the impressive Marella Explorer is set to join the fleet this May! And with it, will come a whole new host of entertainment. We’re talking about top-notch musical productions, songs from your favourite movies and many other exciting themes.
When you’re not sipping cocktails in one of the ten bars and filling your face in one of the many restaurants, you’ll be mesmerised by what’s on offer – it’s no surprise Marella Cruises is award winning in this category!
What shows will be on offer?
With 13 fancy new shows, the hardest part will be choosing which one to head to first!
Steve Leatham, Creative Director of The Entertainment Group who oversees the shows said: “The goal was to set the barriers without alienating traditional cruisers – the large number of productions will ensure that there are no repeats for passengers sailing on two-week itineraries.”
So here’s the low-down on what you can expect from each production…
- Sing-song – This show will encourage cruisers to sing along with the lyrics and audience members will then vote for winners using their mobile devices – it’s a great family-friendly show.
- CSI – Get the whole family in on a little bit of Cruise Ship Investigation – there’ll be three 15-minute detective investigations each week before the main theatre show, and you’ll be left to solve the case.
- Zuma – Those who love Latin dance will fall head over heels for this show. Watch as mesmerising dancers take to the stage and then follow you to the after party in the Indigo nightclub where you can learn a move or two.
- Festival – Taking inspiration from Woodstock all the way through to Glastonbury, this show will channel your favourite festivals showcasing work from the likes of Coldplay to Jimi Hendrix, whilst the scent of freshly-cut grass is pumped around you – how authentic!
- Movies – Watch as iconic movies come alive with hit songs from the likes of Jaws, Back to the Future and Breakfast at Tiffany’s – it’ll be a magical experience for movie buffs.
- Musicals – Sing along to Broadway and West End hits with this classical and traditional performance.
- Soul – Dress to impress for the faux awards show, which will highlight classic and contemporary soul artists.
- Variety – A mix of singing, dancing, comedy, magic and special effects – this show will replicate the likes of ‘Sunday Night at the Palladium’.
- Pop Icons – Elvis and Madonna lovers rejoice! Bringing you the hits from sensational pop artists across the decades, this is a show not to be missed.
- Vocalites – Sit back and relax as eight singers take to the stage and warm up their vocals.
- Bud’s Diner – Think Grease with diners, roller skates, cars and a ton of 1950s songs.
- Rockology – Combing ‘Rock of Ages’and rock concerts, enjoy songs from Meatloaf and Fleetwood Mac, as live guitar and drum performances blow the stage away.
- Cogs – Referred to as an adult fairy tale, Cogs will feature orchestral versions of songs from popular artists such as David Bowie and Pink Floyd.
Fancy jumping onboard?
Why not get yourself onboard Marella Cruises and be front row and some of the finest entertainment at sea. Check out our Marella Cruises deals here and give us a call on 0800 027 3158 today!