MSC Cruises are hiring! And let’s be frank – it’s a dream job! They’re looking for a professional tea and cake tester to ensure the quality and presentation of the nation’s favourite beverage is simply perfect.
We all know how important a proper cuppa is to us Brits – so can you imagine anything better than the chance to test out the perfect brew, along with lots of delicious cake?! And of course, the temporary position will be in the form of a free seven-night cruise onboard MSC Magnifica!
The cruise line recently left it to a public vote to decide on what brand of tea should be served onboard, with over 1,000 participants deciding the winning brand was Yorkshire Tea.
MSC Cruises have recognised the nation’s need for high quality brews by confirming it’ll provide tea and coffee-making facilities in all cabins onboard MSC Magnifica, as well as being able to enjoy both in all the bars and restaurants onboard, too.
There’ll even be a few other home comforts available like British and Irish ales on draught, big brand condiments like HP Sauce, Colman’s Mustard, and the ‘love it or hate it’ brand Marmite. With MSC Magnifica being the first MSC Cruises ship to sail from Southampton, it’s clear to see they’re making a real effort to welcome Brits onboard!
Are you up to the job?
- Ensure that the Yorkshire tea, voted for by the British public, is served correctly with all additional condiments required
- Advise other guests on how best to make a cup of tea when brewing in cabins
- Check that cakes served are light and fluffy
- Ensure a good variety of cakes are provided in the onboard restaurants
- Provide recommendations on the best accompaniments for the perfect brew
- Must be passionate about a good cup of tea
- Have a developed palate
- Must have a sweet tooth
- Must have sea legs or be willing to acquire them
- Be able to host a good tea party
- Have a relaxed approach to life
- No other qualifications required
- Hours: Flexible
- Wage: Payment in kind (tea & cake)
- Location: MSC Magnifica, North Sea
- Contract: Temporary
Attention to detail
MSC Cruises UK managing director Antonio Paradiso, MD of MSC Cruises for the UK & Ireland said – “We are so pleased to announce that the winning brand, selected by the British public, is Yorkshire Tea. In order to make a ‘proper brew’, it’s attention to detail that counts, which is something we pride ourselves on at MSC Cruises.
“As a family owned company we understand how important home comforts are, and are pleased to be able to add this special touch in order to make MSC Magnifica home for guests while they are exploring the Mediterranean and Northern Europe in 2018.”
He added: “MSC Cruises is dedicated to the UK market and homeporting a ship in Southampton, and the enhancements we’ve made to the onboard product based on feedback from UK guests and travel agents, is testament to this.”
Fancy setting sail with MSC Cruises?
MSC Magnifica will be sailing from Southampton to the Mediterranean and Northern Europe from April to October 2018. If you’d like to find a sailing to suit you, simply give us a call on our freephone number 0800 107 2323 and one of our friendly cruise team will be able to help! Looking for inspiration? Visit out Deals section!