Great news, P&O Cruises lovers! The cruise line has recently revealed that two of the most favourited ships in their fleet will undergo multi-million pound refits – all before Christmas! Arcadia and Oceana will be heading for dry-dock at Blohm & Voss shipyard in Hamburg, where they’ll be spruced up in just a short matter of time.
What does the refit include?
- Suites will get new carpets, curtains, sheers, bed runners, cushions, valances, headboards and lamps, while cabins will get new carpets, lampshades and stools.
- Public spaces and the Atrium will have brand new redesigned carpets throughout.
- The Plaza Buffet will get new carpet and tiling throughout, as well as new chairs and banquette seating. Draught lager will also be available.
- The Yacht & Compass and Magnums will both get new flooring throughout, new furniture and new window treatments.
- Winner’s Bar will be re-carpeted and be given new furniture.
- Refurbished youth spaces will feature improved entertainment equipment, re-decorated walls and flooring, new soft play equipment, revised nursery space and an updated area for teenagers.
- The Terrace Bar will have refurbished hot tubs, re-tiled flooring and horizontal surfaces as well as a new canopy over the pool, which will extend out to cover the bar.
- The Spa and Gym will be brought up to date with new décor, wall coverings, blinds and flooring.
- The Aquarius pool and bar at the stern of the Lido Deck will feature a brighter colour scheme with new chairs, bar stools, sofas, coffee tables, signage and wall tiles.
- The Atrium/Reception will be fitted with new carpets, chairs, banquettes and cushions as well as a new nautical-themed wall feature. There’ll also be new open-plan Future Cruise Sales & Loyalty booths.
- The Oasis Spa will be fitted with new carpets and blinds in the reception, as well as refreshed loungers and armchairs with new cushions.
- The Intermezzo cocktail and Champagne bar will have a new colour scheme, reflected in new carpets, blinds, chairs, sofas, bar stools, coffee tables and lamp shades. New lighting and ironmongery will have a subtle nautical theme.
- The Belvedere Buffet will feature new seating, carpet and tiled flooring throughout, as well as improved lighting, new permanent waiter stations, four passenger hand wash stations and a self-serve for-fee Costa Coffee station.
- The Piano Bar will get new carpets, window treatments and furniture.
- The Rising Sun pub will be given new carpet, vinyl flooring and select furniture.
- The ship’s suites will have new sofa beds, armchairs, coffee tables and headboards as well as various decorative items such as curtains, bed cushions, throws and lamps. Most cabins will be given new sofa beds, while selected cabins will be re-carpeted and have balcony doors replaced.
When can you jump onboard?
With the team working hard to get all the improvements done as quick as possible, you don’t have to wait a while to see their new looks! Arcadia’s first cruise after her refit will be on November 15th 2017 on a three night cruise from Southampton to Belgium, followed by a 99-night world cruise which departs from Southampton on January 9th 2018. While Oceana will sail out of Southampton for a 12-night Canary Islands and Portugal cruise on December 17th 2017.
Senior Vice President, Paul Ludlow of P&O Cruises said “We continually invest in our ships in order to create a contemporary and comfortable environment, while still keeping the unique character and key features that our guests know and love.
“Those travelling on Arcadia and Oceana can look forward to new design concepts and improvements to comfort, while still enjoying the incomparable service that characterises a P&O Cruises holiday.”
Ready to set sail?
There’s never been a better time to book onboard one of these spectacular ships! Call us today for free on 0800 027 8302 if you have a destination or sailing in mind, or take a look at our Deals section to see if there’s a great deal that suits you!