A British Isles cruise is an unforgettable journey around Britain’s shores. Think of top destinations such as Blarney Castle, the Georgian magnificence of Edinburgh, the ‘Athens of the North’ – and the legendary Dublin craic, and you’ll begin to realise just how much these incredible voyages pack in.
With itineraries starting from just two days, a British Isles cruise is the perfect taster experience for first timers, and is perhaps the best way to see Great Britain in style and comfort. With cruises embarking from Newcastle, Southampton, Liverpool, Harwich and Dover, you won’t have to travel far before you find yourself onboard, ready to begin a historic and exciting voyage.
So what are the main benefits of UK cruising?
- As you’re not technically leaving home, you usually don’t require your passport – so no last minute panic frantically searching the house for it!
UK ports only
- Get on and off with ease – no documents needed!
- Since you’re not going abroad, you won’t have the issue of having to get money converted and losing out on the exchange rate/Bureau commission rates, which is always a bonus. All ports except Dublin operate in sterling, so all you need is a handful of Euros to get a round of beers in the land of St. Paddy.
No luggage restrictions
- Shop ’til you drop, bring as much as you want and don’t worry about having your bags weighed. That’s right – all cruise lines are extremely relaxed on how much you baggage you want to bring – jut make sure you can comfortably fit in your room!
No sun cream required*
- *Just joking! The weather ain’t all that doom and gloom – not all the time, anyway! Catch a spring or summer sailing and you may very well need your hat and shades!
Dublin is a beautiful and charismatic city and your shore excursions here will offer a glimpse of the Irish capital’s rich history. You might even visit the grand and ornate Merrion Square, home of the National Gallery. The Giant’s Causeway with its uniquely quirky rock formations, is one of the natural wonders of our islands – and it’s a feature of any cruise that stops off at Belfast.
As you progress north, you may well call in at Greenock, whose shipping credentials span the centuries and continue today with the modern day gateway to Glasgow, Scotland’s largest and most cosmopolitan city. Spend a few hours shopping here or take a tour up to the nearby shores of the lovely Loch Lomond if you have the time. Most round-Britain cruises will also give passengers the opportunity to spend some shore time in exciting and interesting Edinburgh, so you’ll get to witness the amazing Georgian architecture for yourself. Perhaps you’ll take a trip to the famous castle and Holyrood, the Queen’s official Scottish residence.
The beautiful Isles of Scilly and the charming Hebrides, as well as Channel Islands stop-offs, and visits to other great port cities like Newcastle, Liverpool and Cork also feature on various itineraries. These magnificent locations are right on your doorstep – so take full advantage and experience the magic of each one with a British Isles cruise!
Britain is known for its unpredictable weather, but with four dramatic seasons, whatever time you visit will ensure days bursting with colour and intense scenery.
March to June will see spring time coming to life and allow you to experience beautiful coastline views, colourful plant life beginning to bloom and days full of warm sunshine.
July to September is usually the hottest time of year, with the best days even reaching the high 20’s, so ensure to take sun cream and light clothing, especially if you’re participating in active adventures.
October through to March sees the landscape change, with Autumn then Winter setting in. Although Autumn is an extremely pretty time to visit, the winter can bring long rain spells and even snow – so make sure to wrap up! No matter what time of year you embark on a British Isles cruise, the wonderful scenery and hidden treasures of each British port will leave you mesmerised.
What are you waiting for?! View our latest offers and deals by clicking here – and call us on 0800 027 8302 to speak to a member of our friendly cruise team about your next sailing around the British Isles!